Rock On DJ Workshops in Leiston, summer 2018
Ever wanted to DJ? Now’s your chance to develop your DJ skills and perform a live set at the Saxmundham Fun Day on 26th August.
Rock on is running a series of DJ workshops for young people to gain skills and create their own mixes. No experience is necessary – just come and give it a go. Two professional DJs will be on hand to guide you and help you gain confidence and learn how to put together a 15 minute show.
All sessions take place between 7pm and 9pm
Monday, 13th August – Taster session
Wednesday 15th – Workshop 1
Thursday 16th – Workshop 2
Tuesday 21st – Workshop 3
Wednesday 22nd August – Workshop 4
Sunday, 26th August – performance at Saxmundham Fun Day
Venue: CYDS Youth Club
Address: 53 High Street, Leiston
Rock On regular sessions in Lowestoft
Rock On sessions in Lowestoft have now ceased for the summer
Rock On is a two-year rock, pop and DJ-ing music project offering young people the chance to learn and develop musical skills in a relaxed, informal environment.
Whether you’re an experienced musician or a complete beginner, there are lots of ways that Rock On can help you make music – and it’s also a great way to meet people, share your interests and make new friends.
Rock on gives you the chance to: –
- Pick up and play – just drop in and have a go. We’ve got all the instruments and our tutors can help you if you want, or leave you in peace to try out things for yourself; it’s your choice
- One-to-one tutorials – if you want to learn particular pieces or techniques, our tutors will give you time alone to help you play the way you want to play
- Band practice – time to get together with other young musicians and share your love of music
- DJ decks- into making your own mixes? Then come and try out the Rock On decks with professional DJ, Tallulah Goodtimes
- Public performances – where you get to share your music with family, friends and wider audiences
- Digital showcases – loading your mixes up to MixCloud to share with the world
- Arts Awards – your chance to gain a qualification doing something you love – making music